Find a psychiatrist

Ngā pānui rongoā - update on medicine supply issues in Aotearoa New Zealand.

Information from Pharmac on supply issues impacting New Zealanders.

You may need to change your treatment.

The person who prescribes your medicine might need to change you to a different medicine. They will work with you to manage any changes, and no changes will be made without discussing them with you. 

Olanzapine depot injections: Supply issue  
Clomipramine 25 mg tablets: Supply issue
Methylphenidate ER tablets: Supply issue
Imipramine (Tofranil) tablets 25 mg: Supply issue
Naltrexone hydrochloride 50 mg: Supply issue

Changes to your medicines can be stressful.

Talk to your whānau, peer support worker, psychiatrist or a health professional you trust if you have any questions or concerns. 

Helpline services in New Zealand 

All the services are available right now, offering support, information and help for you and your parents, family, whānau and friends. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, unless otherwise specified.

Warmlines are free peer support services for people experiencing mental illness or those supporting them:

  • Canterbury and West Coast – 03 379 8415 / 0800 899 276 (1pm to midnight, seven nights).
  • Wellington 0800 200 207 (7pm–1am, Tuesday to Sunday).
  • Auckland Central 0508 927 654 or 0508 WARMLINE (8pm to midnight, seven nights).

Help for whānau, parents, and friends

  • Parent Help – 0800 568 856 for parents/whānau seeking support, advice and practical strategies on all parenting concerns. Anonymous, non-judgemental and confidential.
  • Family Services 211 Helpline – 0800 211 211 for help finding (and direct transfer to) community based health and social support services in your area.
  • Yellow Brick Road – Supporting families towards mental wellbeing. 
  • Find a Helpline – Search for international helplines.
  • EDANZ – improving outcomes for people with eating disorders and their families. Freephone 0800 2 EDANZ or 0800 233 269, or in Auckland 09 522 2679, or email